Why pay for what you can make?
Homemade Bourbon Vanilla Extract (by The Boozy Baker)
+ 3 Vanilla Beans
+ 1 cup Bourbon
Split the vanilla beans in half and add to a jar. Pour the bourbon over the vanilla beans. Close the jar and shake a few good times. Store in a dark place for 8 weeks, shaking occasionally. The extract will darken over time. There is no need to remove the vanilla beans. This can be used in place of vanilla extract in any recipe!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM
- taskscape reblogged this from bakethatlinguist
- bakethatlinguist reblogged this from lushlady
- mindingmymoment reblogged this from lushlady
- neworleanscocktails likes this
- recoverykitty reblogged this from lushlady
- withenoughbutter likes this
- compact-elderly-lesbian reblogged this from lushlady
- drydenlane said: yum. ive been dying to make my own vanilla extract, but ive only heard of doing it in vodka. i bet the flavor of bourbon would be so amazing.
- drydenlane likes this
- sobonappetit reblogged this from lushlady
- mkdub91 reblogged this from bluebloodandbourbon
- aperture24 likes this
- cvilletochucktown likes this
- atsoukalidis likes this
- bluebloodandbourbon reblogged this from lushlady
- bluebloodandbourbon likes this
- lushlady posted this