+ 2/3 cup cranberry juice cocktail
+ 1 tbsp heavy cream
+ 2 envelopes plain gelatin*
+ 2/3 cup cake-flavored vodka
+ Few drops food coloring, if desired
+ Whipped cream - fresh or store-bought
+ Sprinkles for garnish
- Lightly spray the mold with non-stick spray and wipe excess off with a paper towel. Don’t overdo it or the residue will affect the taste of the jello.
- Pour the soda, juice, and cream into a medium saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow the gelatin to soak for 2-3 minutes, then begin to heat on low, stirring constantly until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Remove saucepan from heat and add vodka and food coloring.
- Pour into molds and chill for several hours, or until set.
- Remove from mold, top with whipped cream, and enjoy responsibly!
*The original recipe suggests 2-3 envelopes, depending on how long your jello shots will be left out (more gelatin for more time). I opted for 3 because we were traveling an hour to get to the party, but I found them to be a little too firm , so I suggest you stick with 2 and plan accordingly for the best results!
Recipe yields 30 small jello shots using this mold