Weekend project! These jelly shots may look fancy, but they could not have been easier.
Manhattan jelly shot : Bitters syrup, Bulleit Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, Maraschino cherry
French 75 jelly shot : Lemon syrup, Prosecco, Cognac, Orange zest
* All recipes from the Jelly Test Shot Kitchen book.
I am definitely going to try out this recipe this holiday season. I will let you know how it goes!
Candy Cane Martini Jello Shots (original recipe here)
+ 2/3 cup water
+ 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
+ 2 envelopes plain gelatin
+ 3/4 cup vanilla vodka
+ 2 tbsp white chocolate liqueur (or white creme de cacao)
+ 3 tbsp peppermint schnapps (or to taste - up to 4 tbsp may be added
+10 each small peppermint candies, or candy canes, crushed, for garnish (if desired)
+ Recommended pan: glass or non-reactive metal standard 1 lb loaf pan (approximately 8” x 4”)
- Pour water into a small saucepan. Sprinkle with the gelatin and allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat.
- Add the vodka, liqueur and schnapps, stirring well to incorporate. Pour into pan and refrigerate until fully set, several hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into 1 inch squares.
- Immediately before serving, garnish with crushed peppermint candies, if desired.
Photo credit: JellysHottestKitchen